SOU VS LIV-OVERVIEW: Southampton are in a dire need of points at this juncture as they see themselves hassle in the bottom half of the table. Mauricio Pelligrino’s side has won only 5 games out of the 26 games played. The second least in the league after West Bromwich. They’ve been playing feeders to Liverpool over the years and this year was no different. A £75 million transfer to Liverpool made Virgil Van Dijk the costliest defender in the history of the league.
Liverpool are only one point adrift of Chelsea who are at 50 points and the Spurs who’ve moved on to 49. A win against the Saints might prove extremely crucial for them to form a tight grip on a top 4 spot. Liverpool have drawn as many as 9 games. The most by any team in the top half of the table.
RECENT FORM IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE(SOU VS LIV):
- Beat WestBromwich Albion 2-3.
- A 1-1 draw against Bright and Hove Albion.
- A 1-1 draw against Tottenham.
- A 2-2 draw against Watford.
- Lost 1-2 to Crystal Palace.
- A 2-2 draw against Tottenham.
- Beat Huddersfield 0-3.
- Lost 1-0 to Swansea City.
- Beat Manchester City 4-3.
- Beat Burnley 1-2.
HEAD-TO-HEAD IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
TEAMS NEWS FOR SOU VS LIV:
For Southampton, Charlie Austin is Mauricio Pellegrino’s only injury concern ahead of Sunday’s fixture against Liverpool. The Argentine is likely to play the same eleven that featured in the 3-2 victory over The Baggies.
For Liverpool, Adam Lallana played the U-23 game this week and was also sent off. The English midfielder, however, won’t be banned for the Southampton fixture.
Nathaniel Clyne, Ragnar Klavan and Joseph Gomez will all miss the weekend fixture.
EXPECTED 11’S FOR SOU VS LIV:
Southampton: Alex McCarthy(gk), Cedric Soares, Jack Stephens, Wesley Hoedt, Ryan Bertrand, Oriol Romeu, Mario Lemina, James Ward-Prowse, Dusan Tadic, Sofiane Boufal, Guido Carillo.
Liverpool: Loris Karius(gk), Trent Alexander-Arnold, Virgil Van Dijk, Dejan Lovren, Emre Can, Georginio Wijnaldum, Jordan Henderson, Sadio Mane, Roberto Firmino, Mohammad Salah.
STATS FOR SOU VS LIV:
- The Reds have maintained clean sheets in their last three Premier League games against Southampton (W1 D2). The last player to score against them was a certain Sadio Mane in March 2016.
- The Saints ended their 12-game winless run with victory at West Bromwich Albion last week. They’ll look to secure back-to-back wins in the Premier League for the first time since April 2017.
- Against Tottenham, Mohamed Salah became the fifth different Liverpool player to score 20+ goals in a Premier League season. Robbie Fowler, Fernando Torres, Luis Suarez and Daniel Sturridge being the others. Salah is now the second Liverpool player to score 20 goals or more in their debut campaign at the club. Torres scored 24 in 2007-08.
- Southampton are unbeaten in their six previous Premier League games played on a Sunday this season. They’ve drawn 5 and won 1.
FAVOURITES FOR SOU VS LIV: Liverpool after the win against Manchester City did falter against Swansea but found stability immediately. They beat Huddersfield and held Tottenham to a stalemate in an exciting 2-2 draw. The Reds have a destructive attack and against the Saints they’re almost certain to win 3 points. The Saints also have some quality moving forward and can hurt Liverpool on the counter.
Predicted Scoreline: 1-3 Liverpool
FANTASY FOOTBALL TIPS FOR SOU VS LIV:
- Both the teams have fragile defences but their attacks are quite potent. A 3-5-2 formation is more likely to win you more points.
- The trio of Mohammad Salah, Sadio Mane and Roberto Firmino are a must. With Salah and Firmino as the captain and the vice-captain.
- James Ward-Prowse has been doing well for the Saints. Ward-Prowse and Guido Carrillo can prove to be handy additions to the squad.
DREAM11 TEAM FOR SOU VS LIV:
Team will be updated shortly. Stay connected..!
Bet via pro fantasy cricket now & Get 100% Bonus on your first deposit: Click Below & Bet Safe
How To Deposit:
- Website is offering local Bank transfer for Indians if you don,t want to give high commission to neteller & Skrill.
Disclaimer: We are not promoting betting in any way, please keep in mind betting might be illegal in some places. We are not responsible for any kind of losses in any case.
SUBSCRIBE TO GET LATEST UPDATES